Tuesday, November 3, 2015

¿Qué mayor testimonio puedes tener que de Dios?

Hola My dear family and friends!

Can you believe it's already November? What. 😱🍁  I swear time goes by way differently in the world of missionaries..Pero Bueno!!  This week went by extremely fast and both of us cannot believe that it is already week 6!! We are both hoping we can stay one more transfer here together; there is just way too much work to do!!

So a couple of days ago I had an intercambio (exchange of companions for 24 hrs) with my dear  Australian Hermana Barkle. A conversation we had went a little like this: Hna Barkle: "...no, I'm not stressed.." Me: "How can you not be stressed, you are a missionary!!!"  Her: "I just trust in Him."
Oh... Well perhaps there have been a few moments that I had not put ALL of my trust in HIM.  I know I have faith but some days or some weeks it can waiver.  And being on a mission you really have to rely 100% on the Lord.  Because times will get scary, and you really have to remember how you felt in the moments when your faith was at a high peak.  She also told me that if a mission had no difficult times, it would be pointless.  It's just like our life here on earth, no? Heavenly Father didn't just send us here hoping we would figure something out if and when we have trials.  But instead, he sent us to this earth, to have trials, so we can become stronger!  I'm grateful for all of the things I am learning in my mission.

😂 ¡Intermission funny thought! 😂
As I am writing this email in my bed in my apartment, I hear the door buzz so I run to answer it but then I yell, "Hermana venga, hay un hombre y no sé lo que debo hacer!!!" It was just a guy to check the gas.. Why do attractive Spanish bearded men have to be so scary!? 😆

Okay so let me update you guys on our dear friend Valentina.  She is so great.  She is a 21 year old mother with 2 cute little boys.  Her husband is a less active member and we finally met him the other day and he is super nice. She still wants do get baptized and I love seeing her progress little by little every lesson.  This last week we taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ.  (Faith, repentance, baptism,
gift of the Holy Ghost, and endure until the end.)  Stefany, a recent convert (she is the best) helped us with the lesson.  I love hearing the testimonies of recent converts!  Valentina still hasn't come to church yet because it's hard because her husband works graveyard shifts.  But... Yesterday we fasted to see progression with our investigators, and I have no doubt that we are going to see a miracle
very soon with someone!

More great news!! Remember the Spanish 17 year old boy, Roberto I talked about in my old area? He finally got baptized!!!!!!! When I left Alcorcón, I was so sad that I would miss Roberto's baptism,
because he really is such a great kid.  Well President gave us permission to go, so we did on Saturday.  I saw Hermana Whiting and a lot of the members of Alcorcón that I truly missed.  Oh it was such a good day! And boy does it make you feel mission old visiting the place where you started your mission.  (Although the Baptism was held Mostoles, haha).   I saw so many members that I truly love!! Wow they truly do have a special place in my heart.  It was so so so fun to visit with all of them.  Roberto was just radiating with joy.  His family even came, and I knew that meant so much to him. Because for a year and a half it had only been him interested in the gospel.

Going to Alcorcón made me remember that I need to enjoy every moment I my mission.  Even though there can be rough times, it is filled with so many joyous memories.  I'm so grateful for this opportunity to be a representative of Christ for 18 months.  It is a privilege and a blessing.  This week, I have been studying the talk from October conference called "The joy of living a Chirst-Centered life."  The beginning there is an example that just like Ceramics, if the clay isn't centered on the wheel, nothing will ever turn out correctly.  If our life isn't centered on Christ and his teachings, we will never have true happiness.  Walking on the streets of Madrid, I see all sorts of ways people are trying to find their "happiness."  But I have also been in people's homes who don't have a lot of things, yet they are radiating with joy because they center their lives on Christ.  I know that this is true.  I invite you all to read this talk.

Have a WONDERFUL WEEK!! I love you all!
Hermana Sydney Berry

Picture descriptions:
1- district meeting we talked about the blessings that come from obedience..
2&3- for those who asked me if I did anything for Halloween.. Pumpkin
carving on Friday!
4&5- me with Hermana Whiting and at Roberto's baptism.







No comments:

Post a Comment