Monday, October 26, 2015

Happy October!!

Hello friends and family!!!
Thank you for all over your love, messages, and support!!

Well First off I want to start off by talking about church on Sunday!! On Thursday we visited one of our investigators named Deicy.  She has been investigating for a while and she is on the brink of being baptized. But she is just waiting to officially be married to be able to be baptized.  Anyway, she was telling us about her neighbor (a lady and a young boy) who is going through a really hard time right now because the dad recently passed away.  Fast forward to Sunday... Deicy brought her neighbor to church without us even asking her too!! Well that was the first miracle.  All during Sacrament meeting I was trying to think when we could possibly meet with his lady to share the plan of Salvation with her.  I had this strong feeling that she needed to know that everything would be okay even though her husband had died.  Well guess what the gospel principles class was on!!! Lo and behold the teacher taught the Plan of Salvation.  We were sitting behind them and I probably just looked like a kid with a lollipop because I knew that God has answered my prayer to help this lady and her son be comforted. 

This week's studies have been focused on this subject..  "Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days." (D&C 24:8).   We know that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  I love reading God's pattern throughout all of the scriptures.  Because we teach the restoration lesson so much, I'm constantly thinking about the patterns thought the gospel.  Something this week that was brought to my attention was a pattern..with Amulek and Alma in the Book of Mormon; The Savior and his ministry, and when Joseph Smith when he was prison.  Obviously talking about the Savior first, all of these people had many many hard afflictions while they were trying to do God's work.  After Christ was crucified, many people rejected the apostles as well.  We can see this pattern of wickedness to righteous people with the story of Alma and Amulek when they preached the word to the Lamanites and also the mobs when Jospeh Smith restored the gospel as well.  There has always been opposition when there is good.  I love this verse that I put in the beginning of the paragraph because you can see that in every situation that the Lord's servants were going through a hard time, he was there to comfort and help them.  I know that we can be comforted in no matter what situation, no matter how small or big our problems are.

Today for Pday we went to IKEA!! Now I can say that I have been to a European furniture store actually in EUROPE!!! Haha but it's all the same!! It's a little dangerous for missionaries to go in there..trunky for my future kitchen perhaps? This week had its ups and downs but we are still continuing to see a lot of great things here in Vallecas!!! I love the people and members here, they are so incredible.  The women in relief society are always trying strengthen the sisters, I love it.  I'm continuing to learn things everyday!! I can't believe this week is already the 5th week of the transfer!! There is a lot of work to do and people to see here.  
Have a wonderful week and HAPPY HALOWEEN!!!!

Con AMOR
Herman Berry 🇪🇸🎃




No comments:

Post a Comment