Monday, October 19, 2015

Half way done, Half way to go

Hola queridos! 😊

It's starting to cool down a lot here and we are starting to experience coats, rain, and umbrellas all over again.  I really hate the weather in Spain, it's always extremes.  But I'd so rather have cold than the Spanish heat!  The nights are so pretty with the rain and the leaves everywhere.
This week I have seen that my Spanish is really improving.  The reason I say this is because in this exact moment that I am writing an email, I have to translate out of Spanish into English in my head, haha.  Who would have thought that would ever happen?? It's nice to see that hard moments with the language I had in my first transfer are starting to pay off!  It's so weird to be able to understand so much.

What's even weirder is that TOMORROW I HIT MY 9 MONTH MARK!!! 9 months ago today I went on airplane, leaving my family, friends, and my normal life at home.  The last nine months here in Spain, I've never had to do so many hard, scary things in my life.  But wow, oh the incredible love I have seen from the people here.  But most importantly I have seen and felt the love my Heavenly Father has for his children.  I have learned of the reality of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have seen what blessings of peace comes from living the commandments of God.  I am so grateful for my time here I have had so far and I look forward for the next 9 months. Just like Pres. Uchtdorf says.. I want to end the race with my torch still lit!

This week we have definitely seen many miracles.  This one day we met with an old investigator and she accepted the invitation to be baptized.  She seemed so sweet and was so willing to listen to our message.  She is a very young mother of 2 precious boys.  And actually her boyfriend is a less active member! She is great and I can't wait to meet with her again.  Later that day we met with another less
active man and taught his wife.  He actually stopped us one day in the street and told us he wanted to us to help bring him back to church and teach his wife.  This day was so incredible to see that we were able to help teach less actives things they already knew by teaching the women things that were new to them. On Sunday we saw another miracle.  Every time I've fasted on my mission, I've received a miracle.  So I wasn't too surprised when we received a miracle on Sunday!  Right after church, when we were fasting, a member introduced us to someone that wants to be baptized.
Well we were really confused because we thought this boy was already a member because he always comes to church.  But he isn't, and wants us to teach him! I have so much faith that there is power in fasting.

The other day in my studies, I was reading about Joseph Smith, Nephi, and Moroni.  Something very similar I noticed in all three of them was that they were all very honorable men, but only wanted the glory from God. All three of these men had so much faith and humility that Lord was so easily able to use them as his servants.  This is something I want for myself.  Am I trying to win the approval of others in the world, or from my Heavenly Father?  I want to become the person who only wants to serve God.  I'm so grateful for my experiences here and to have had my eyes opened of this  importance.  God is so simple.  He loves us so much.  And when we obey his commandments, he can bless us with the blessings that are in store for us.  I love this gospel so much and I know that is real.

D&C 82:10

I love you all! Thanks for you love and examples for me.

Hermana Sydney BerryπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ“

First picture: MTC. Second: nine months later. 😱





No comments:

Post a Comment