Monday, October 5, 2015

God didn't design us to be sad, he created us to have joy!

Hola mi familia y mis amigos!!

     What a wonderful conference weekend we have had! I hope all of you got the chance to listen to our Beloved Prophet, apostles, and other wonderful men speak to us.  I really enjoyed watching conference with a lot of the other missionaries and share the wonderful spirit we felt there.  What I love most about conference is that the talks are always so applicable to what's going around the world.  When I hear them speak with power and authority it always testifies to me that they are called of God.  It's funny because I remember when I was younger, I thought conference could sometimes be long and boring.  But that's the cool thing about being on a mission, it has opened my spiritual eyes so big that spiritual things are so much easier to understand.  Not only easier to understand,  but I crave listening to righteous things.  Living in the world but not of the world can be a glorious thing.  And you can learn how to feel clean and pure from listening to the talks from these apostles.

     I felt as if the over all feel to this conference was that:
A) Heavenly Father loves his children more than we can imagine.
B) The atonement of Jesus Christ is there for us to help us through trials and tribulations, and
C) Living the gospel is very simple and the peace we can feel from it is incomprehensible. 
I really enjoyed Pres. Uchtdorf's talk about the simplicity of the gospel.  I really is simple to live, and the blessings are incredible.  It was great to see the 3 new apostles.  These last almost 9 months of being here in Spain, teaching the restoration lesson over and over, has really strengthened my knowledge and testimony of Prophets.  I know that President Monson is called of God and has the authority to help Heavenly Father's children on earth learn more of this plan that God has for us.  I am so grateful to feel more of the love of my Savior. Even though it can be hard on my mission, I am so grateful for my experiences here and the things I have learned.

I love all of you guys so much!!! God and Jesus Christ live.  D&C 121

Hermana Sydney Berry




No comments:

Post a Comment