Monday, September 28, 2015

¡SO MUCH SPANISH!

Hola my loved ones!!

    I hope everyone is doing great and maybe enjoying the fall weather. Well today are transfers and I am staying here in Barrio 8!!!  I was really sad to say goodbye to Hermana Spencer, but she will do great things in A Coruña. (Very very north of Spain). She taught me so much and I just love her to death. So because this transfer we are getting like 45 new missionaries, mostly everyone was thinking that they might train, including me.  But surprisingly I am not.  That would be something hard but very good for me.  But don't worry, I have something else that will be hard but very good.... I have a NATIVE SPANISH SPEAKING COMP!!! Hence the subject title.  I already have a slight headache from so much Spanish but I'm really excited.  Her name is Hermana Birnbaumer and she is from Bolivia.  She seems great, I can't wait to work with her these next 6 weeks.

    So my dear mission mothers: Hermana Marsh and Hermana Finch, have returned to the great city of Madrid from the Islands.  I was trying to figure out when I could see them because I didn't think I would for a while.  Anyway, today when we went to the train station I was reunited with both of them!!! That made me so happy!! It brought back so many memories from my 1 transfer.  It is so crazy to think how much I've learned in these last 8 months!! Right now we are typing in the church by the temple and we got to see the huge group of CCM missionaries taking a picture.  It's so crazy how fast the time is flying.  I swear I was just barely there like yesterday.  But since then, I have learned great things, met incredible people and overcome hard trials.  I am so grateful for my experiences here.

    As for this week, it's been a little hard for me.  Last week I was sick and I still was sick the beginning of this week.  I really wanted to keep working hard, but it's hard to get back into the groove after being in the piso for a little bit everyday.  I really didn't want to but it was the only way I could get better.  I have realized that Heavenly Father sometimes gives us small and big trials so we will maybe rely on him more.  I know this last week I have been praying so hard to get better physically and spiritually.  My faith was definitely tested but strengthened as well.  I'm glad that he blessed me to finally be better for this next transfer.  When I was physically down, I felt like I was uplifted spiritually.  I'm reminded everyday how extremely grateful I am for this true gospel and what great blessing it is to share it with people.  He always always answers our prayers. 😊

   This last week my testimony has been strengthened of MEMBER LESSONS.  As missionaries we are very encouraged to get help from the members in our lessons.  I never really understood the  importance of this until this last week.  We got a new investigator who is from Columbia that actually contacted us on a train a couple of weeks ago named Simone.  We had the first lesson with him on Friday and one a member named Viktor who helped us with the lesson.  From the very beginning Viktor tried to be his friend and they seemed to get a long really great.  His testimony about the Book of Mormon was so good and our investigator was so attentive.  Viktor actually invited him to church before we even did.  Well on Sunday we kept waiting for Simone to show up for church but were worried because the meeting already started.  Before I knew it, Viktor had brought him in and even sat by him.  Simone ended up staying for the whole time and loved it!! We are so grateful for Viktor's help!  I'm excited to see how Simone progresses.  😃

    I'm so grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow from hard moments.  Although we had a slightly rough start to our week, we ended it pretty well.  I love this ward I'm in and the people are  great!! Thanks for all of your prayers!! I can't wait to see what's in store for me this transfer.

1 Nephi 3:7

Con mucho Amor,
Hermana Sydney Berry 😘🇪🇸






No comments:

Post a Comment