Monday, September 14, 2015

El Libro do Mormon bendice a todos

Hello to all from Parque Retiro aqui en Madrid :)
Right now I am relaxing in the shade listening to European saxophone music and enjoying the almost Autumn weather. πŸ˜ƒ. I love coming to this park because it reminds me all of my special experiences I had in the MTC.  This is where we first learned how to contact people about the gospel.  I was so scared to death then, and now it's cool to think about how far I've come along with my Spanish, missionary abilities, etc.! My favorite place in Spain is right here. :)

Well this week was a bit interesting.  I must admit, there were some days that were kind of difficult this week.  Sometimes it's easy to lose hope when walking in the streets surrounded by all of the sins and pride of the world.  It can get very discouraging.  This area here is a lot bigger than my last one and has a lot more people in the streets.  Well, I was reminded that the small spiritual experiences we have in lessons with people make it all worth it.  We had a lesson with one of our recent converts.  After talking about following the prophets we asked her if she had any questions. (She has only been a member for less than two months.) She said no like usual. But then she was like, "Yes, I do have a question!" We were like oh no.. What is she going to ask us?  "Why doesn't everyone understand that this is the true gospel, it just makes so much sense."  Yes.  I love her.  I wish everyone we taught had such a humbling heart like her. Because this gospel really is simple, and you can measure the truthfulness by the fruits of this church.  We continued to see mini miracles everyday when ever we put all our faith in the Lord to provide for the things we needed that day.

We went to Arganda (the cute little Spanish-like pueblo) to pass by for a less active woman that we usually visit.  All week they had been having celebrations for the Bull fights so in other words, this town was very festive feeling.  Even though we had no desire to watch a bull fight, we were hoping to at least see something cool as we were walking.  We walked by the plaza on our way to the ladie's house and the arena was completely closed so you couldn't see in.  But we did see one of the Matadors sitting on his horse waiting for his turn to enter.  I just wanted to see something cool like that, and so that was
good for me.  BUT THEN... about 10 minutes later as we were making our way up the hill...There was this huge shed that was open with people surrounding it.  We glanced over and there were 3 Toros MUERTE.  QUE TRISTE!!!! I was like really Spain?! Okay that's all for the sad thought of the week, haha.  Go Toros. πŸ˜πŸ’ƒπŸ½πŸ‚πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Έ

We had a lesson with one of our investigators who is awesome, but let's just say lessons with him can be very stressful.  All he needs to do is read the Book of Mormon and pray to see if it's true and then he would know that Joseph Smith was really a prophet called by God and he wouldn't have such obscure and ridiculous questions.  Well we came to the conclusion that we could sit all day and argue if the book is true or not, but it won't get us anywhere unless we read it together. So that's exactly what we did.  This was our first tranquilo lesson we
had with him.  Because all we did was just read 1 Nefi 2 and we just focused on the principles that we can apply from the story.  He didn't have anything bad to say.  That testified to me of the power each individual story has.

Well speaking of El Libro de MormΓ³n, this morning I finished reading it!! I started in the MTC, and since then I have learned so much. I had always read it growing up, but never have I had such a strong testimony of this book until my mission.  And I know the only way we can get a testimony of it is by reading it ourselves and diligent personal prayer. I am so so grateful that not only do we have the bible that strengthens our faith in Christ, but we have the Book of Mormon.  I really do feel like I have a better relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It also has helped me understand the importance of the roles that prophets have.  I can say that I know that it is the word of God and is "another testament of Christ."  It really is evidence that the true gospel of Jesus Christ was restored and that the heavens are still open.  I invite all of you to read the
very last chapter in it.. Moroni chapter 10.  There is a promise in there that says if we read and pray about it, the Holy Ghost will testify the truthfulness of it to us.

Well that's about it.  The gospel is true, and life is beautiful.
Enjoy your September. :)

Love,
Hermana Sydney Berry




No comments:

Post a Comment