Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Parable of the Moldy Mango



Hola Familia y amigos!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

   First off I should probably tell you guys that yes I am alive and safe.  I'm not exactly sure what is going on the news right now but from what I've heard and seen, the world is getting a bit sketchy especially here in Europe.  But the other day we had a small interesting experience in a train that has reassured me that the Lord is protecting us by the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  I am so grateful to have the Holy Ghost as a safety guide in my life. Although it seems a bit crazy to be so close to Paris, I know that as missionaries we are being protected. :)

   This week I have been really focusing on "trusting in the Lord with all of my heart."  This can be very easy sometimes and other times a bit difficult.  Something that I have realized is that yes, when we pray with faith, we will receive answers to our prayers.  But the best way to show our faith is to tell the Lord, okay I am not afraid, and I trust that whatever the outcome may be, everything will be alright. I'm convinced that when we show that we are not afraid, that is us showing our faith and trust in him.

๐Ÿ”ธ๐Ÿ”ถ๐Ÿ”ธ๐Ÿ”ถ๐Ÿ”ธ๐Ÿ”ถ๐Ÿ”ธ
   Okay, on to my subject title...I would like to compare an experience I had with a mango this week. I just really like explaining things with food.. Jajaja, so please excuse this weird story. Okay, so last Tuesday we were walking home from our last appointment and let's just say that day I had major cravings for a Mango. On our way to the visit, I spotted a very very big mango in a fruit stand that I set my heart on, hehe.  So anyway, on our way home, I ran into the fruit stand and said, "How much for that HUGE mango, it looks delicious!!" It cost 3,50 euros, but when I looked in my wallet I didn't have any cash.  The man said its fine if I just take it, that I could pay tomorrow.  So I took the deliciously looking mango and went on my way. Later that night in our apartment, I cut open the Gigantic golden mango, ready to eat the deliciousness and then suddenly.. When I cut it there was a HUGE a brown ugly hole of nastiness.  It looked and tasted disgusting, and my hopes were crushed. ๐Ÿ˜“

Okay PAUSE.  I would like to compare this to life.. How many times do things appear to be a lot better on the outside, and we do anything to have it but then later we find out that we are caught up in a big mess in life?  It's kind of like sin/the things of the world; It always appears to be harmless and delightful but it isn't until later that we realize that it is not what we intended for. Just like how my mango appeared to be perfectly delicious, and I was even willing to come back the next day to pay so I could have it.  But then later when I cut it open, it was moldy and gross.

So what do we do then?

I decided to cut open the rest of the Mango and find the good parts! Well a while later, after throwing out about 3/4 of the mango, I found the good and oh was it sweet and yummy!  This made me think about the atonement.  Yes we can repent, but sometimes it can its spiritually painful, just like the mango being cut open with a knife. ๐Ÿ˜‹ But I know that the Lord is always, always willing to give us opportunities to start over regardless of the situation we found ourselves in.  I have seen this been applied with the people I visit. But also me as a missionary, always trying to restart to better the things that I lacked in before.  Although sometimes it feels like we are a bad piece of fruit being cut open and thrown away, I know that our Father in Heaven and Savior knows that there are still good parts of us.  And when we get to that point, oh how sweet it is.
Well there's my parable of the moldy mango.  Hopefully it made sense a little. ๐Ÿ˜€
๐Ÿ”ธ๐Ÿ”ถ๐Ÿ”ธ๐Ÿ”ถ๐Ÿ”ธ๐Ÿ”ถ๐Ÿ”ธ

     What else happened this week? Oh, we went to the temple!! I love it.  Like always, I feel so grateful to have the opportunity to go the temple so often.  I'm also grateful to be apart of the restored gospel and to do work for the Lord inside the holy temple.  Yesterday we had a lesson with our dear friend Alex. (Investigator who is from Ginea Equatorial). We read a talk from the recent general conference called, "Choose the light."  It talks about the importance of choosing to find the light when we are in dark moments in life.  Christ is ultimately the LIGHT OF THE WORLD.  I'm so grateful to have this light in my life, especially in a world like this we live in today.

Thanks for all the love, prayers, and support!  Have a great week!!

Hermana Berry ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ˜˜

Pictures descriptions:
The lesson with one of our investigators, Parque Europa- (there's different famous mini monuments through out Europe in the park, super cool!!)







No comments:

Post a Comment