Monday, November 30, 2015

FELIZ Thanksgiving!!

Hola to all of dear ones!! 😃🍁

    I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  This week I tried focusing more on what I should be grateful for.  And I have realized that I too have been given much!! Although the mission life can be rough some days, I know that I am so extremely blessed to be here, serving the Lord in Spain.  I am so grateful for all of the people I have met and the things I have learned spiritually.  Although it was a bit strange to not have Thanksgiving with my family for the first time ever, we enjoyed it over here across the seas. :)  On Wednesday, we had a mission conference with the President and all of the missionaries in Madrid and it was super fun!  Afterwards they fed us a delicious Thanksgiving meal for all of the missionaries because Hermana Pack and Larsen love us!  It was fun to be there with all of the other missionaries.  At the conference I had to say goodbye to my first companion to go home!  One of my mission mothers, Hermana Finch goes home in a week!!! The freaky thing is I am older and the mission than she was when she trained me.  So in other words, the time from now on is going to go by so fast! I'm so grateful for everything Hermana Finch taught me! She is an incredible missionary and I am so happy to have been compys with her. :) have fun Utah girly!

    But for the rest of the week it was a little hard.  Yesterday both me and my companion realized that this transfer has really been a test of our faith.  This week the majority of our people we usually meet with failed on us. I think one of the hardest parts of being a missionary is feeling like you've worked so hard but everything else seems to go wrong.  Well we were talking and it was a good reminder that sometimes the blessings and "fruits" of our labor don't come until after our trial of faith.  I am sure this week we will see lots of miracles!

    Yesterday NOBODY could meet with us.. But then you know who did?? Our converts who just got married less than a week ago. (Stefany and Avelino, the best) Yes, instead of being on their  honeymoon, they totally watched the Joseph Smith movie and ate cookies with us.  Even though I've seen that movie a bunch of times, I felt the spirit really strong yesterday while watching it and it  reminded me of my huge testimony I have for Joseph Smith, the first latter day prophet.  I really admire his willingness to go through so many trials because of his strong faith and admiration of the Savior to restore the gospel of Christ.

     This week we taught our friend Abraham, who works in a churro stand.  Although every time we tried to read a verse in the Book of Mormon, somebody ordered about 12 churros so we had to pause, it's okay because we have planted a "seed of faith." in his heart! We will need to some patience with this guy, but I'm excited to keep teaching him.

     Today for Pday was super fun!!! We rode bikes in Retiro Park. Seriously it was like my dream Pday.  Stefany and Avelino went with us too so it was fun to hang out with them.  There's some days that I can't help but complain in my head of how worldy and nasty the streets of Madrid can seem... But!! Today in Sol I was reminded how cool and historic and beautiful Madrid is!! I will forever be obsessed with Retiro Park.  :)

Love all of ya'll!! Take care. Xoxo
Keep readin those scriptures! 😉

Hermana Sydney Berry 🍓🇪🇸






No comments:

Post a Comment