Monday, November 9, 2015

Lord I Believe

Hola everyone!

   Well first off, today is transfers and I am staying in Barrio 8 with Hermana Birnbaumer!  We are really excited to stay together for another transfer.  I can wait to see what is in store for us!!  To be
honest this transfer went by soooo fast! And I can't even imagine how fast this transfer will go by because it is only 4 weeks instead of 6 weeks.  This week went by way too fast so we will see how much I can remember...
   Well like always, missions can be tough, but there are always sweet experiences and things to be learned every day.  This week was a bit interesting.  The last few days all of the missionaries in my district somehow caught the stomach flu.  We've all been throwing up and with fevers... But that's okay, today is a new day of a new transfer! I can see the light.... Haha. I'm thinking this week will be a bit better.
   On Thursday we had a zone meeting which was really fun.  We talked about how we can better our contacting in the street, which is never a bad thing to work on, and also working with less active members.  I really liked the part about less active members because just like parable of the lost sheep, Christ rejoices when we help find his lost sheep.  Visiting members who are less active is one of my favorite parts of the mission.  After the meeting we played werewolf (kind of like mafia) with all of the missionaries.. And I think we had a little too much fun!! 😊
   One day this week we had a lesson with one of our investigators who has cancer.  She is such an example to me.  Although she has suffered many things with her health, she has enormous faith!! She is waiting to get married to be able to get baptized which is hopefully soon!! She told us more about her cancer but how she has so much faith in the Lord that this trial is for something better.  People like her amaze me.
   But on the other hand, this other day we had two super hard lessons!! One was with a recent convert who is 17 years old who is struggling with his testimony.  The other was one of our investigators that is just not progressing what so ever.  The lesson with the 17 year old convert was hard at first, but we just both bore our testimonies that even though sometimes it may seem that we can have more happiness from worldly things, true happiness truly only comes from living the gospel.  He was having struggles remembering how he felt when he got baptized.  But we read the talk by Elder Holland, "Lord I believe," and I think that really helped.  We were so happy to
see him in church yesterday!  Well the other lesson we had this day with our investigator was super difficult.  It's ironic because the story was about when Nephi talks about Moses and the golden serpent. The Israelites only had to look at it, and they would be saved.  But to some, this seemed too simple so they did not believe it would work. I think sometimes when we explain how miraculous this gospel is, and that this it the true church,  some people don't believe it because it seems too simple.  One of the hardest things as a missionary is having to be okay with people using their agency to not accept what we teach them.
    Yes this transfer has been one of my hardest so far, but I know that it will help in one way or another.  I feel more closer to God when I have trials, but sometimes in the midst of them, it's hard to
remember to be happy.  But when I look back, we have seen lots of miracles and helped lots of great people.  I'm excited to work hard these next 4 weeks!
   Lately, I have been reading in 1st Nephi, and each chapter I am amazed more and more of the spiritual strength Nephi has.  Although his brothers and everyone ridiculed him in many different ways, he only wanted to do the of God.  1 Nephi 18-19.
    Sorry that this letter was super boring!! My mind hasn't really been here so I hope things made sense.  I hope everyone enjoys their week...  Disfrute el otoño y Noviembre!! 🍁🍂

Con AMOR,
Hermana Berry
🇪🇸🍓


No comments:

Post a Comment