Monday, November 23, 2015

10 months down, 8 to go....

Hola everyone!!

    First off I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving this week! Although I'm in a country that this holiday is not celebrated, it does not mean I will forget what I am grateful for! :) I am truly grateful for soooo many things.  I am grateful for my family.  I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has sent us to loving families so that we can learn, grow, and have joy.  My family has always been so important to me but being here in my mission have learned what a blessing it is. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have of the restored gospel.  It has brought me numerous amounts of blessings in my life.  And I am extremely grateful for the things that I have learned here in my mission.  The process of gaining a better testimony isn't always easy but it has been an incredible journey.

     This last week we had the opportunity to listen to Elder Dyches and Elder Christensen in a meeting we had with all of the missionaries in Madrid.  It was just what I needed, to be spiritually fed, and I could really feel the spirit so strong there.  Something that really stood out to me was the reality of making decisions.  I really liked a quote that President Monson said one time: "Decisions Determine Destiny."  Everyday in life we make decisions.  Every decision we make leads us to another decision and eventually to the consequence.  I am so grateful that we have rules and guidelines that help us be happier in life after making good decisions. It was really fun to see all of the missionaries in Madrid at this meeting. I love these reunions because it's an incredible feeling to be around everyone's great spirit.

     This Sunday was so great!! In the morning I was stressing out because I realized that there were some investigators that we didn't call the night before to remind them to come to church.  So right before sacrament meeting I was a little sad because none of our people we visit were probably going to show up.  Well guess what!  During sacrament 4 of our recent converts who haven't had come for a while showed up!! On Saturday we were in the church and a Muslim man showed up asking for information for the meeting schedule because an MTC missionary had contacted him in the metro not too long before.  Of course we said "oh we can help you!" And he said he was excited to come to church the next day.  So during sacrament meeting he showed up and sat with us and really really liked it!! We are going to have a lesson with him this week!! I love seeing the fruits of our work... When our people come to church on their own!! Hooray!

     Today for Pday we went to Alcorcón, my first area!! Hermana Finch and Marsh came too and wow what a weird feeling to be back with them there..But this time my Spanish is a lot better than when I was with them my first transfer!! Haha. So it was cool to think about my progression I have had.  We visited a couple of members and we got to see one of my favorites, Beatriz!! She had left to Ecuador and just barely came back after a few months.  She really helped and supported me my first two transfers in my mission so it was soooo great to see her again.  This week I hit my 10 month mark!! It is so crazy how time has gone but at the same time I have had so many great experiences!! Today I realized how blessed I have been to have met so many awesome hermana missionaries and the members that have shown so much love for us.

  In two weeks we have transfer changes already!! This is my 3rd transfer here in Barrio 8 so I am most likely leaving.. But we will see!! I hope I am in Madrid for La Navidad!!!

Les quiero MUCHISMO!!!
Hermana Sydney Berry






No comments:

Post a Comment