Sunday, June 14, 2015

Week 2 of the 3rd transfer... CHECK.

This week's wrap up: Espiritu Santo pruebas, death by MORE carne, SELFIE STICK and goodbye hugs from President and Hermana Jackson, mini milagros from prayers and BIGGER milagros from fasting, awkward Spanish moments, and abanicos gratis!!!!

On Thursday we had our last interviews with President and Hermana Jackson!! It is already their time to leave and for us to get a new President.  They are so incredible and we are definitely going to miss them so much!  President Jackson gave each of us a hug.  It was cute because he said that it isn't against the rules for Presidents to hug the Hermanas.. jaja.  We used Elder Lopez' selfie stick and took a cute picture with my district.  I will send the pic!

Last Monday was a day of the holy ghost testing me.  I had a lot of different kinds of promptings throughout the day and I believe that he was testing me to see if I would listen.  Whether it was a small impression to talk to someone or a name come to mind after praying who to visit off of the ward list.  Each time, I wasn't necessarily able to see the reason why I had to do it. But I know that it's important to follow the holy ghost promptings even when we don't know why.  

DEATH BY CARNE.  I've been getting better at trying new foods but... the other day I thought I was going TO DIE.  We were eating a plate of shrimp and I thought I was finished after that.. and then I had to eat a huge plate of STEAK.  I just needed to tell you guys that I am still alive though.  PHEW.

This week was filled with few different kinds of Milagros.(Miracles)  One day we felt like we began our day with a bad start and were discouraged that we had no planned lessons for that day.  I said a prayer that we could just have 1 lesson.  Just one.  2 minutes later a lady that we visit calls and says she doesn't know why but wants us to come over.  And then we ended up have more lessons as well. AAHHH small MIRACLE.

Okay, and now for the big miracle!!! Yesterday was fast Sunday, and I fasted for something AWESOME to happen.  I prayed that I could feel like I was a good missionary. Whether that meant me feeling more confident, or brave or just simply finding someone who is prepared to be baptized.  Well... last night I we received a phone call from a young lady who just moved here from Honduras and wanted to meet with us.  She had been meeting with missionaries in Honduras but had to move here to start working to make money for her family back home.  She really wants to get baptized as soon as possible.  She is all alone here so she was so grateful for our willingness to love and support her.  I prayed for an opportunity to help someone who is prepared for the gospel.  And after days of being disappointed of failed lessons with other people, we were literally just handed a golden investigator.  I believe that we were each other's answers to our prayers.  I can't wait to get to know her more and hopefully have a baptism soon!!!!

This week I have learned the importance of having diligence mixed with patience!  Sometimes we have faith and pray a lot but still can't see the answers to our prayers.  Well I just want to tell you all that I know that Heavenly Father really does answers our prayers.  We need to be diligent in being obedient but it is also important to have patience with his perfect timing.

I love this gospel so much and I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.  Sometimes it can be hard of course but it is truly AMAZING.  I love Hermana Whiting!! We have been having a lot of fun together.  She likes to tell cheesy jokes so that definitely makes me stay smiling.  Thanks for all of your messages and prayers!! Hasta luego!!

Love, Hermana Berry    

No comments:

Post a Comment