Monday, June 15, 2015

It's not over until it's over

    Just in case anyone is wondering Spain is so incredible.  And missions are THEE BEST.  some days it seems hard, but other days I just think how lucky I am to have this opportunity to be here, in
Spain, as a missionary, learning and growing, and seeing miracles every week.  It is so amazing.
     3 words that have been on my mind lately are Diligencia, Paciencia, y Fe.  The subject I wrote, "It's not over until it's over.." comes from a talk given by Elder Holland, called "Cast not away therefore your confidence." (I'm pretty sure it's this one)  I really really love this talk.  He talks about miracles and trials of our faith by giving examples of the stories of Joseph Smith and Moses.
He explains that their test of faith didn't happen until after the vision, or after some kind of miracle.  I really liked this because I've been thinking a lot this week about the recent mini miracles we've had.  We've seen mini miracles with potential investigators yet later it is so hard to get ahold of them again.  But something I've learned is we have to be diligent in doing the lord's work, having faith, and then being patient with his timing until the end. because just like Elder Holland says, It's not over until it's over.  This is what I have to keep telling myself.  Even when we experience miracles,
small tests of our faith might come.  But when we continue to have faith and trust in the Lord, we can accomplish anything.  Especially because he will always of course help us do what ever he needs to be done.

This week our ward mission leader decided that we should have a proselyting stand out on the street.  WE WERE NOT EXCITED ABOUT THIS, because that's what the Jehovah witnesses do, and we are different. Well, Saturday rolls around and the 2 of us and the 2 Elders just tried to have a happy attitude about it. (Even though we were dreading it all week.) It turned out not too bad!! Our Branch President who is this cute old Spanish man actually found the church this way. So he was excited to be there and help out with our proselyting booth.  I wasn't as intimidating to me rejected by old spaniards since we had a nice one with us.  Haha.  Anyway, me and Hermana Whiting ended up
contacting a Spanish guy who was an atheist.  We talked for about an hour with him, and the conversation went from I do not believe in God to promising he would read a chapter in The Book of Mormon about Faith. So that day ended up being actually really cool!!!

Hermana Whiting and I have a lot of fun together! She is really great missionary and is so funny.  I always need some daily humor to keep me going.  I am grateful for her example.  I still cannot believe how fast this transfer has gone let alone that it has almost been 5 months since I have been a missionary!! The time is so weird!!! I'm in awe of how much Spanish I can understand.  It's still hard, of course, but when I think of how I was my first transfer, I feel like I have already grown a lot! I can't wait to grow more!
I know this church is true and I love this gospel to much.  I know that Heavenly Father really can and will help us with anything in life.  Nothing is impossible with faith.
I love all of you so much!!! Have. Fantastic week!!!
Love,
Hermana Berry!
P.s. We got iPads and it's so awesome!!! The resources are incredible for this work.




No comments:

Post a Comment