Monday, July 6, 2015

"I'm a big kid now" I mean adult....

  Who would've thought that I would spend my last days of being a teenager, on a mission in Spain!? I had such a fun day on Friday, my companion made it really special!  One of our cute investigators' 19th birthday was on the 3rd of July as well, so we made homemade pizza with her and her sisters and watched Mormon messages for youth. It was so fun!! We also decorated a box and put cute scriptures inside.  You should've seen how happy she was when we gave it to her.  Later that day a member surprised me with cake and snacks at her house.  And then to top things off, a less active lady we visit from Nigeria, she and her friend took us to a Chinese restaurant!! It was a very special day and thank you for everyone who sent birthday wishes!!

    Yesterday we had transfers and I am staying here in Alcorcón with Hermana Whiting!!  I'm really glad because there is a lot of work to do and didn't want to leave the members and our investigators just yet!  Today is the first day of transfer 4 for me!  I cannot believe that this is my 4th transfer.  This month I will turn 6 months and it is seriously insane how fast the time has gone.  It seems like I just
got here in Spain but at the same time it feels like i have lived in Alcorcón forever haha.

    This week was interesting because we started meeting with old investigators that I first met my 1st transfer here but they suddenly disappeared.  One of those people is a man from Nigeria.  He was one of our progressing investigators I had with Hermana Marsh & Finch.. But he one day just moved to the South of Spain. The other day Hermana Whiting and I found him walking on the street the same day he came back to live here again.  We have been meeting with him and he wantsto get baptized still! Woo!

    Oh also!! Our miracle lady from Honduras who was about to get baptized but then suddenly  moved.... Has returned.  We were really sad to see her leave, but she has come back and we have another baptism date with her.  So that is super exciting!!

This week's highlights:

*At our District meeting on Wednesday, the Elders and Hermanas in Móstoles sang to me and gave me a piece of cake for my birthday. 😊😊

*We had a lesson with one of our very progressing investigators who is a 17 year old Spanish boy. He is not like most of the Spanish teenagers here.  He is a very good example to me and brought a whole new meaning of "obeying the commandments."  He has been investigating the church for about a year now thanks to his girlfriend who introduced him to it.  His parents aren't interested and so he is the only one in his family who comes to church on Sunday's.  In our lesson he talked about keeping the Sabbath day holy.  He told us that he only gets to see his dad one day a week, which are on  Sunday's.  His dad wanted to take him to the pool, but he said he couldn't because it was the Sabbath.  Wow, what a great example to me.  It's hard enough to keep small commandments even when your family does!  But here he is telling his Dad he'd rather keep the Sabbath day holy than go swimming even when the temperature is above 100 degrees.  Keeping the commandments, even small ones,  always bring blessings.

*On Thursday we had a lesson with a member who has recently started coming back to church, thanks to a miracle me and Hermana Finch had 2 transfers ago. (A different story of how we re-activated her) This lady is from Peru, and she is such a sweet woman.  She served a mission, has a cute little daughter, and is going through a divorce. She is a great example to me as well.  She is  happy even when going through a tough time in her life. We made cinnamon roll cake with her and then watched the Mormon Message about courage about Esther from the bible.  She really appreciated the video, and I'm so glad we were able to help her last week.

*We ate tortilla de patata for the 4th of July at a members house on Saturday...and for the Elders... They had to eat whole Crabs!!!! It was hard enough to have to hear the cracking of the bones... Eww it was so gross. I'm so happy they didn't make me eat it! Phew!

Have a great a week and enjoy the summer!!
Con mucho Amor,
Hermana Berry







No comments:

Post a Comment