Monday, July 13, 2015

Ateos, seafood, baptisms, and Enrique vs Henry

Hola mis amigos!!!!

Hope you guys are enjoying the summer and taking advantage of the ac!! Missionary life in the streets of Alcorcón are HOT!! But it's all good, we had a pretty solid week here I'd say. 😎. I love that as a missionary we have so many opportunities to learn and grow everyday. Everyday I overcome small challenges, and every week I am able to see how much I have grown!  This week something I learned is the importance of applying what we learn from the scriptures in our lives!! I have been reading in 3 Nefi when Christ comes to the Americas.  Chapter 13 is buenisimo!!  I love how he gives the same sermon to the Nephites as he did in Jersulem.  This really shows how much he truly loves everyone.  Reading from the Book of Mormon more diligently has really helped me develop a better relationship with Jesus Christ.  I love it!  The lord said that we will know by the "fruits of the trees" if a church is truly is the real church of Christ.  The Book of Mormon is a fruit of this church.. It helps us to know if this is the true church.  I know that it is.

This week we had a lesson with the Athiest (ateo) that we found about 3 weeks ago.  I asked him if he read the chapter in the BOM we assigned to him earlier.  He said he did.  I said wow! The whole chapter!? "Yes, the whole book.  I read the whole entire book." WHAT!??? This man who doesn't believe in God read the WHOLE BOOK?? but.  He read it without a sincere heart.  We were so excited to hear that he read all of it,  yet he still was sure there is no God.  This just goes to show the importance of doing the all 3 things of Moroni's promise: read with a sincere heart, ponder, and then pray to know if it is true.  Without a sincere heart and a desire to receive an answer, of course God won't answer you.  But we are still having faith with him.  We showed him the Mormon message about the man who didn't believe in God but now does.. If you haven't seen that, I highly recommend it!

Enrique vs Henry... So we have been working out of the area book this last week and we contacted an old investigator named Enrique.  All we knew about him was that he was from the Dominican Republic and he is an English teacher.  Another day we went to visit a less active members and we met her friend Henry.  Henry is from the Dominican Republic too, and speaks English as well. Enrique didn't show up for his appointment and then yesterday our lesson with Henry failed as well.  Earlier yesterday I was saying how I had just realized that Enrique is Spanish for Henry. Well long story short, Hna Whiting's says.. What if Henry and Enrique were the same person? Yup.. They turned out to be the same person, and we still haven't had a lesson with him. Hahah just a random highlight of our week.

Good news!! This Saturday we are supposed to have Edith's baptism!! (She is the one from Honduras) we have another baptism date with another investigator as well.  So yay!! Things are happening in Alcorcón!! ☺️☺️. This Friday we get to meet our new President and his wife and family!! They are from Mississipi (no Mom, not from Utah) haha. They seem great!!
Today for Pday we went to Hna Whiting's old area and we ate at my old MTC teachers house with his family.  His name is Hermano Santana.  I will attach the pic. 😀

Have a fantastic week!!
Love, Hermana Berry.

P.s. The other picture is of me with one of my favorite members named Beatrice.  She went to Ecuador for vacation so I had to say goodbye unfortunately.  I love her so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment