Monday, May 25, 2015

Week 18

Hola!!!!

This week was transfers!!! And I am area training.  It is my 3rd transfer which means I am done with being trained! AAhh!! Scary.  This is a good and bad thing for sure. I am so happy that I made it through my first 2 transfers (Hna Marsh would always say that they are the hardest transfers.)  But now I am a little.... I mean a lot nervous to area train!!! My new companion is named Hermana Whiting and she is from Mapleton, Utah.  She has been on the mission for 11 months.. so she's pretty experienced.. haha.. but I am the one who has lived in my area for the last 2 transfers.. so I am in charge of teaching about the area and the people and so forth.  THIS WILL BE INTERESTING.  I am scared to death but I know that I will be very good for me.  I already miss Hermana Finch SO MUCH.  But I am excited to get to know Hermana Whiting!

This last week I couldn't help but miss my family considering Gabi turned 18, Noah graduated high school (WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Allie turned 22 and Jared turned 15!!!! I miss you guys and hope everybody had a great week!!!! OKAY I'M DONE BEING TRUNKY. maybe. haha jk.  I loved seeing all of the pics you guys sent me from this last week!!!  St. George sounds like it had lots of festivities with my cool fam.  Love ya'll.

Spanish.  Spanish is hard, but it's comin.  It's crazy to actually understand a lot of things people say.  Especially when I thought I would NEVER learn it.  It's not all there, but it's coming!!!! ¿Solo necesito fe y paciencia, verdad? Anyway, I am excited for this next transfer to improve.. I'm excited to work even harder than I have.

Yesterday was full of visits with members, saying goodbyes, eating a lot of food, (ps strawberries with condensed milk is incredible) and lots and lots of pictures.  It was fun going around so Hermana Finch could say goodbye to everyone.  I'm glad that I am staying because all of the members are so incredible and loving!!!

Okay last thing, I've been really thinking how incredible missions are.  I've never loved praying and reading my scriptures so much. I love learning about this gospel. I love having opportunities to learn and grow.  I am so grateful for the spirit that can help guide me and comfort me on a daily basis. I've been needing a lot of help from my Father in Heaven lately and he has definitely shown how blessed I am. 
This week's challenge is to share with anybody your thoughts on The Book of Mormon.  Why it is important to you and how you're able to know that it is the word of God. READY. GO. DO IT.

Love you lots!!!!  Thanks for all your prayers and support!! I am beyond grateful for the love from home.  Have an incredible week.

p.s. I just realized that THIS TRANSFER I WILL BE TURNING 20. ew gross can I please be 19 forever?

OKay bye,
Hermana Berry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment