Monday, May 11, 2015

Hola Familia y Amigos!!

Hola Familia y Amigos!!

     Today was a great week!!! Yesterday was so so so fun to skype my family!!  I'll be honest, I stressed out about it just a little because I didn't want to feel homesick or what not. But it ended up being just perfect!!!  The lady's house we skyped at made us super yummy fajitas, couscous, tabouli, cream cheese brownies and ben and jerry's ice cream.  SHE IS THE BEST.  The 3 of us had a good conversation about the blessings of serving a mission.  (She served one too)  Although it is SO SO DIFFICULT, the good things always compensate hard times!!  It was fun talking to her about her mission.
     Speaking of food, two days ago I ate seafood. NOT SEEFOOD, BUT SEAFOOD.  Fish, octopus, clams, and shrimp.  Yes I suffered through it, and the generous Elders taught me how to de-shell shrimp, as in how to rip the head off.  It was an interesting comida we had. haha.
     On Thursday we had a HUGE meeting with all of the missionaries from Madrid!! They even flew in the ones from the Islands and the North!  It was super fun to see everyone!!  We are still waiting for our iPads because of an Apple back order, but we still received instruction from some members of the 70 for being "digital missionaries".  It sounds like it is going to be awesome and really affect mission work in amazing ways!!!!  I can't wait to share what happens when we receive them soon!!
    On Tuesday we had a lesson with a 13 year old girl we contacted on the street.  She is so so sweet and after our lesson about The Young Women's program, she called us her angels!!  I really hope that we can continue to teach her, she is an incredible girl with a lot of faith.
    On Friday, Hermana Finch went to a meeting at the Mission home with other leaders because she is our Sister Training leader.  So this meant that I had to "area train" for a day.  Okay, I was actually pretty scared, I'm not gonna lie... But!  Hermana Brumble was a sweetheart and it was fun to talk with her especially because she is actually going home in a week.  I was able to take ourselves to the lessons and found the pisos just fine!!  It was cool to see that I can do scary things!
     I hate to sound so redundant, but like I've been saying: Missions are so hard, but everyday I see the blessings and I learn something new every week.  It's incredible to think about how much my mission will help me after I come home.  I love this gospel, and I love doing the Lord's work!!

I HOPE ALL OF THE MOMS HAD A GREAT MOTHERS DAY!!!!!  I LOVE YOU ALL, AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!

Love, Hermana Berry
        

No comments:

Post a Comment