Monday, May 4, 2015

Hola Familia!

Hola Familia!!!

     Happy first week of May everyone!!! Wait, what? It was just barely January wasn't it??  Well, I don't know how time is for you guys, but mission time is possibly the weirdest thing!!! Things go by so fast yet it feels like I have been here forever!!!!  It is really starting to warm up here!!!  But Spain weather likes to change its mind a lot.  Some days it's freezing and raining and others it is sun shining and humid. haha, welcome to Spain.

     I want to start off by writing some of my happy thoughts this last week:

     LUNES: We went to a recent convert's house and learned how to make tortilla de patata!!! YUM.  I love this stuff.  It is potatoes, onions, and eggs all cooked up into a big thing of deliciousness!! 

     MARTES: I am starting to get good at reading the map!! Hermana Finch makes me lead our way to someone's piso we want to pass by. I did and I am learning how to follow directions!! Wow, THIS IS A MIRACLE FOR ME. haha.

     MIERCOLES: In the morning, these 2 cute old Jehova Witness men came to our door and said "By the picture of Jesus on your door, we can tell that you are people of faith...."  And then we told them that we were missionaries too and then they left.. haha.

     JUEVES: I finally received my residency card!!  I am now officially legal in Spain!  Oh also, this crazy old Spanish Lady chewed me out for supposedly not speaking Spanish (we were talking to her friend for like 10 seconds).. like she literally yelled at me.. (but I didn't really care) and then the lady next to her told her that I am here learning Spanish.. and then the old lady apologized and said "Oh sorry I am just very Spanish so I am very direct.." haha it was pretty funny. 

     VIERENES: Today wasn't very good... but! In the morning we met with a menos activo (less active) at a place called Bread & Co (very yummy American food) and we had delicious smoothies!!

     SABADO: We had a really fun ward activity!! We played fútbol, and yes I actually played and then I got sooooo sunburned.  oops.  My face is still red. haha. We had a picnic and ate lots of Spanish food: paella and tortilla de patata!!! yum.. (not paella).  Later that night we had arepas made by a Columbian.. I don't really know how to describe these but they tasted absolutley incredible!! They are like this cheesy flat bread thing, YUM.
     
DOMINGO:  We had a lesson with a Brazilian man, but once we sat down to have the lesson he plainly told us that he actually refuses to listen to our message.  It was actually pretty hard because we thought he was very interested but ended up just being super hard-hearted.. Later that night we had a lesson with a man from India.. It was good, but honestly it is hard to teach someone that does not have a christian background!!  I don't know how other missionaries do it!!

This last week was actually pretty tough for us.  We learned a lot of things though.  This week we really want to work harder!!  We learned what happens when you are afraid to contact a lot of people on the streets.  Well, this last week we felt the consequences!!

Spanish is still hard yet I still learn more every day!! Learning a new language is definitely strange!!! But awesome!! I am developing a stronger relationship with my Father and Heaven and Jesus Christ.  Even though missions are so hard,  I am so so grateful to have this opportunity for so much growth in my life.  I love learning why I am apart of this religion.  I do believe that this is the only true church with the restored priesthood.  This knowledge brings me happiness every day!!  My testimony on scripture reading and prayer has also been strengthened!!

I am excited to Skype my family this Mother's day!!!  I want to wish every mother a Happy Mother's day as well!!! HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK!!

Love, Hermana Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment