Monday, April 27, 2015

Hola! Week 14

Hola!!!

     GREAT NEWS THIS WEEK!!!  We are getting iPADS!!!  President and Sister Jackson went to a conference in Germany where Elder Bednar presented things about incorporating tools such as i Pads into missionary work.  We heard about getting iPads soon, but didn't think we would be getting them until much later!!!  But we will get them May 7th!! The other half of the great news is the whole Madrid mission (including the North and Islanders) will be meeting by the Temple for this meeting.  I am so excited to see some people I miss!!! YAY. :)

     Every night we come home to our Piso and plan for the next day, we write down happy thoughts for that day.  I love this because even if we had a hard day we can laugh about little things that happened.. SO... some of the happy thoughts of this week are:..

Lunes-
We ate some delicious berry ice cream with a family in Alcala that Hermana Finch knows.  They were super sweet and fed us good food!!  We went to a Brazilian smoothie shop that just might be the chillest place ever.  And We also bought candied nuts from some Nuns.

Martes-
We showed up to an investigator's house for an appointment but when we said it was the missionaries (on the speaker of the apartment), someone said "No quiero" meaning I don't want.  Being Confused of who said that, we decided to pass by a members house.  The member's less-active sister was there and it ended up that we were really supposed to be there at that time!! I shared the same scripture on my missionary plaque: Nefi 27:23.. talking about a God of miracles.  And it was a miracle that we were able to be there and comfort her when she was going through a really hard time.  The cool part is the lady we were supposed to talk with still met with us another day.  She said she didn't know who said that in her speaker.

Miercoles-
We had a great time at the Temple!  Hermana Finch went to get her haircut at this cute Spanish girl's salon.  This was a girl we tried contacting but didn't want anything to do with religion.  We made a hair appointment because Hermana Finch need to cut her hair but mostly so we could teach this lady.. haha. So Hermana Finch gave her the first lesson while getting her hair washed. (and I was studying Spanish, lol, because It would've been awkward hovering over them) When we left, we gave her a pamphlet and then she put it by her magazines so other people could read it too!! AHA!!! Best thing!!!

Jueves-
Thursday was really hard.  I felt very overwhelmed with things!!!  But things got a lot better when I really prayed to have more faith!!!  

Viernes-
We ate some killer gofres con caramelo at the local Churreria!!!

Sabado-
We got 3 baptismal date this week!! We are starting to get a lot more investigators!! They are all so great!

Domingo-
We had to walk in the freezing cold rain to visit a less active family.  When we got there they made us herbal tea and lemon cookies!!! How cute!! It was super sweet of them.
When I was on the phone with my district leader giving him the numbers and weekly report, he told me that he could tell my Spanish has improved a lot!!! YESSSSS I thought I still was terrible.

This week was great!!! I learned a lot of things and I can't believe that it is already the third week of the 2nd transfer!! Holy cow!! This last week I have been focusing on having more faith and patience with God's timing.  This week my goal is to focus on diligence.  I know this church is truly the restored church of Jesus Christ.  I love sharing this knowledge with people when it sometimes is scary!
Have a wonderful week everyone!!
Love, 
Hermana Berry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment