Monday, April 20, 2015

First Week of Transfer 2.....Check!

Hola!!!!
     Spanish is comin' along and so is the missionary work!! Every day is hard but there is always a reward in every day.  I'm starting to understand the Spanish words.. BUT I don't necessarily know what they're talking about.  But hey, you got to start somewhere, right?  This week started off with us being a bit nervous.  We realized that we were down to no investigators and we had to do something about that quick.  Well, we ended up having a couple days of miracles!!  We had first lessons with several new people!! There is this one lady that we had contacted several weeks ago in the street who is very sweet.  When we went to pass for her house, I just prayed that she would be there.  We ended up teaching here lesson 1 and she seemed so excited!! I really felt the spirit and hope that she will continue to see us!

This week was just the week I needed.  It was filled with challenges and also days of joy!! I love Hermana Finch so much!! We have so much fun together.  She is a perfect example of a diligent worker and is very very knowledgeable.  (I think that is a word..) I love feeling peace when I read the scriptures and study the lessons every morning.  There is a special peace that I've felt only on my mission, being away from a lot of worldly distractions.  Although I am no where near the person I want to be yet,  I am so GRATEFUL for this opportunity to really understand what this gospel is about and really understand how to have a happy life!!  My testimony and love for my Father in Heaven and Savior grows every week.

I continue to try new food every week and for anyone who knows me knows that is a miracle itself that I am eating chicken off the bone.. But hey, more protein for me!!! It's fun to try different things from so many different people.  Spain is filled with people who are from many different countries in South America.  We are very lucky to be able to know people from all of these different countries!! We always say how Madrid, Spain is literally the best mission in the world!!!

Sorry this one is very short!!! I hope everyone is having a great month of April!!! Things are warming up here and the sun is shining A LOT!.  This week we get to go to the Madrid Temple!! My favorite place ever.  I am reading in Alma in the Book of Mormon.. It is so awesome! I encourage you to read chapters 5-12!!! I love that everything makes more sense to me now. haha.  I love to see the Temple, and read my scriptures.. and I am so happy that I am at a point in my life they have a whole other meaning.

Love YOU ALL!!!! 
Love, Hermana Berry (Fresa)


No comments:

Post a Comment