Monday, April 13, 2015

Roller Coasters, Baptisms and Transfers, OH MY! (Week 12)

HOLA!!!!!
Yes, transfers were today, and yes I survived my first transfer!!!! They say it is the hardest one so I am so excited that it is over!!! It was good, but it's just about to get better!! I am of course staying here in Alcorcón because I am still being trained.  We are not in a trio anymore though!! Hermana Finch and I are staying here and this morning we sent off Hermana Marsh to the Islands.  She is going to Las Palmas and finishing training Hermana Rossberg who I became good friends with in the MTC!! I am so excited for the 2 of them!! It was really hard for Hermana Marsh to leave here and us.. but she will do so great... and I think it is time for us to have to more responsibility as just a two person companionship.

Last week for P-day we went to an Amusement Park!!! hence the subject, roller coasters!!!  It was super fun!!!! It was about the size of Lagoon.. and I would never have thought I would go on roller coasters, in Spain, as a missionary, but hey, YOMO (you only mission once) haha.  One of the rides I went on were these swings that took you really high and I got to see the forest by the palace, where the king would go hunting!! What, that is legit.  Today's P-day we went to Sol (which is like downtown Madrid) We went to a Cathedral and the Crypts. The Crypts is basically where they store the dead people.. under the Cathedral.  Whenever I go to Sol, I can't help but think how lucky I am to have the best mission in the world!!

Okay, so this week we did a missionwide fast to become better missionaries.  I fasted specifically for courage.  Because Hermana Marsh had been here for 6 months, we knew she would probably leave, so we were planning on just being two this transfer.  I knew I had to STEP UP MY GAME ASAP.  As much as I loved being a trio, there were times that were really hard to push myself.  I have been scared to do a lot of things, and I know that this is the transfer to just let loose, and be courageous.  I am scared to death BUT SO PUMPED.  Fasting really made me feel like I will be able to do it!! So pray for me, like I know you do!!!  I am excited to really push myself to learn more Spanish.  I just need to stop being so scared, because honestly, I know that I can!!!

This week my testimony really grew on the Book of Mormon!! I always knew that it was a true, amazing book but I never understand all of its importance.  The other day we were talking about it in companionship study and then applied what we learned in a lesson we had that day!! The Book of Mormon is living evidence that Joseph Smith was a prophet.  And when we read and pray to know if it's true, then it will us help gain further knowledge that this is the restored church of Jesus Christ and why a restoration was necessary!!
So this weeks challenge is to read the introduction of the Book of Mormon and also 2 Nephi chapter 29! Go! do it!!

Love you all and good luck with school and such!!!

Love, Hermana Berry!!!



.






No comments:

Post a Comment