Monday, March 2, 2015

MTC training is complete

Sydney leaves the MTC (Missionary Training Center)(CCM en Espanol) tomorrow.  She will meet with her Mission President and then be assigned to her 1st area.  She sent us this quick note & some counsel from Pres Eyring:

Hey I don´t have a lot of time, but they are letting us email really quick since today is our last day at the MTC!!!  Tomorrow morning, I will be leaving with the 9 other people who are going to Madrid.  We will go to the mission home and meet our new companions there!  This last week was hard because I´ve been so so nervous for entering the field!  But I had one of the best days last Saturday!  The things I learned on Saturday really helped me to be less worried and more excited!! I will tell you more abut it the next time  I write.  Which by the way my Pdays (Preparation Day) will be now on Mondays!!! Last night President and Sister Jackson came and gave us a devotional here at the CCM and it was so awesome!  All of the people going to Madrid including me, were lucky enough to meet our President and get our interviews!  Meeting them made me even more excited! yay, I can´t wait! These last 6 weeks have been absolutley incredible. I am safe and i am loving it!! have a great week! love you all!


"There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed. One of the ways you
will be attacked is with the feeling that you are inadequate. Well, you are
inadequate to answer a call to represent God with only your own powers. But
you have access to more than your natural capacities, and you do not work
alone.

The Lord will magnify what you say and what you do in the eyes of the
people you serve. He will send the Holy Ghost to manifest to them that what
you spoke was true. What you say and do will carry hope and give direction
to people far beyond your natural abilities and your own understanding...

Your call has eternal consequences for others and for you. In the world to
come, thousands may call your name blessed, even more than the people you
serve here."

Rise to your call - Pres. Eyring





No comments:

Post a Comment