Monday, March 9, 2015

In life, we are all going to make a lot of fish

Hola mi familia y amigos!!!!

WOW WHAT A WEEK.  Okay first off: MTC (CCM) wrap up-

Alrighty, the first day in my new area, Alcorcon, was pretty tough.  It´s because I missed being so much in the MTC.  I have heard numerous people say that they didn´t really like the MTC.  Well that is probably because they did not have their experience at the Madrid MTC.  Wow, what an experience, those 6 weeks.  It was INCREDIBLE.  I can´t even explain how much I loved it.  Like who else wakes up everyday and looks out the window and see the beautiful Madrid temple?? wow, so blessed.  Of course it was absolutely hard, but man, it was amazing.  My companion, Hermana Hansen, I love her so much!!!  And I miss her already A TON.  She is serving in Malaga.  I got so close with all of the Hermanas there.  And the Elders are so awesome!!  We learned things every day and bonded so much.  Everyone´s testimony about this wonderful gospel is absolutely incredible. I knew going in to the field would be hard, but I had no IDEA how much I would miss these people that I had only known for only 6 weeks.  President and Hermana Lovell are awesome. Like seriously incredible.  President Lovell is so great, and he really knew how to handle a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds.  I could go on and on.  The teachers helped me so much with learning the language and learning about the gospel. I really hope that one of my areas in the future will be in their area so I can see them again!!!  Contacting people on the metro and the park used to me something I dreaded, but now I am so grateful that I got those little experiences of pushing myself out of my comfort zone.  Daily I think about my experiences in the MTC.  But when I left, I knew it was time, and I knew I would have to let things go and get ready for the next chapter of the mission!!!

 Well, Alcorcon is my first area!!! Before we found out where we were going, we heard that one of the Hermanas was going to go to The Canaries!!! I totally thought it might be me, but I was pretty nervous.  Hermana Rossberg, whom I love dearly, ended up being sent there!! I am so excited for her.  So anyway,  when I got here, it was kinda interesting I guess. Of course I believed that where ever I go, I´m supposed to, but it was definitely hard to feel like I was at home.  The first day was so hard.  I was pretending to be happy as I was smiling, but seriously, I was so freaked out.  All I could see was the graffiti and cigarette butts on the street.  But as the week went on,  I started looking and the buildings and the people that live here.  The days got a lot better this week as I became closer with my AWESOME companions and met our investigators.  The people I have met are super amazing and so welcoming!!!  My companions are Hermana Finch and Marsh.  They are so darling, and I am so so happy that I get to have them as my trainers.  We have a lot of fun together but, they really do know how to be hard working missionaries.  I hope that I will be as awesome as they are real soon!  Being a trio can be hard sometimes.  At first I was really worried that I would not be able to develop a one on one relationship with them, but seriously though, its great!!! 3´s a crowd, but a great crowd!!!!

Wooh.  Okay.  So next, I will tell you some things about learning Spanish and Spain culture.  Spanish is hard.  Learning another language is really hard.  But it if wasn´t for such a good cause, I really wouldn´t have any desire to work so hard at it.  At first I was discouraged because both my companions are fluent, but I have to keep telling myself that they have been out here a lot longer than I have!! DUR.  Anyway, so as all of you probably know, Europeans greet each other with Besos.  it´s kinda weird, but you get used to it real fast. It definitely made me feel a lot more welcome when I first meet people, going in their house.  But sometimes it does seem strange to kiss strangers, haha.  We are only aloud to beso females, obviously, but... funny story.. So like my 2nd time in the park this guy (pretty cute Spaniard) besoed me and my companion, but it wasn´t until afterward I was like, OH SHOOT THAT WASN´T ALLOWED !!! haha.  So yeah, just the women, and very firm handshakes to the men.  Although I feel like I don´t know any Spanish, there really is a lot that I can comprehend, which is awesome!! It´s going to be so cool when I can speak fluent.  However, just like all of the teachers in the MTC told me.. 1. Don¨t worry about the language it will come... 2.The language doesn't matter because the spirit speaks all language.  I believed that but it wasn´t until I bore my testimony with investigators with my very broken Spanish that I knew that was true.  All of the people I have met are so sweet, and are so patient with my Spanish, and they tell me they can understand the things I do say.  And they do feel the spirit. YES!!!! SO AWESOME. I love it.  The church is true guys.  MISSIONS ARE FANTASTIC.

 Funny things/happy thoughts that happened this week...
 1. So like the subject heading of this letter.. Last night, instead of saying, ¨In life we will sin (pecados) a lot¨, I said ¨pescados¨, which is fish. BAHAHA I know right. But don´t worry, anyone who is preaching the gospel in Spanish, this is just inevitable.  We all had a good laugh about it though.
2. I survived my first day at church which means I survived my first week.  HOORAY. We have a small branch, not a ward and the people there are great. It was awesome, but after trying so hard to understand what people were saying, I thought my brain was going to EXPLODE.
3.I ate chicken at somebody´s house.  I know, yay go me. Just kidding, its only a big deal in my head.  I know I´m going to have to try fish soon, but I´m still so scared!!!  The food that the give is great, but sometimes, I get super sick from just eating pain rice and bread... AND I NEED SO VEGGIES IN MY LIFE.
But at our piso, (cute little apartment) we eat healthy so that makes me happy!  Also we walk a ton.. it makes me tired, but I can´t wait until I feel like I´m in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment