Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 8

Hola Familia y Amigos!!!

First off, I feel that I might have sugar coated my last email.  This past week I realized that I do not like to admit when I am struggling.  Therefore I always am looking for ways to stay positive.  That is good, but perhaps I should tell you how I really felt.. So my companions told me that the first 2 weeks are the hardest, and boy were they right!!! Okay so in all honesty, when I first got to my area, I wanted to cry because I was so scared.  And yes I did cry, not as much as I should've though.  I did not feel like I belonged here and it was super hard.  I sugar coated everything because I take the saying ¨fake it till you make it¨ very seriously. Eventually it worked, but not with out a lot of praying of course.  I noticed that it got a lot easier as I put a face to the investigator names and applied myself more in the work.  Being a missionary is so hard. It really is.  Learning a new language is excruciating!!!  But as I have continued to be obedient and faithful, I have witnessed numerous blessings throughout my days.  I never though I would like this area I am, but I have slowly learned to focus on good things rather that negative.  Missionary work can be fun, and IS FUN.  When you apply yourself.  I realized that I was stuck progressing because I didn´t believe in myself as much as I could.  But the spirit is so real.. And it cannot reach out those in need if we are not willing to do our part.  I love my companions so mucha and they help cheer me up the days that I am down.. It´s fun here even when it´s not, and I really do believe that all of these hard experiences are going to be for my own benefit for the rest of my life!!

The Elders in our district our fantastic!  At first it was hard because everyone here has been out for a long time, so I had to keep reminding myself to stop comparing my Spanish with everyone else's.  It's a easy concept to believe in but honestly, very hard sometimes to apply.  Not only do I learn more Spanish everyday, but I learn something about this magnificent gospel literally every day.  Sometimes I wonder if I even had a testimony before coming.! ha.  Because honestly,  the apostasy and restoration are the keys to understanding why this church is true.  I know with all my heart that this is the true and only church on this whole earth with the same priesthood keys that Jesus Christ had on this earth.  That truth was gone with all of the apostles died.  And although there were still very good christian people on the earth, not all of the priesthood keys were on the earth. That is why Joseph Smith was such a critical player in this religion.  I know that God and Jesus truly appeared to him so he could restore this gospel. I know that that it was the perfect time for the earth to have the truth once again.  I am beyond grateful for the knowledge I have for eternal families and that a prophet leads and guide us today.  

Prayers work!
The other day we could not find our key to the chapel because it fell off our key set.  We looked at each other and Hermana Finch said HELLO WE ARE MISSIONARIES WITH THE SPIRIT WE NEED TO PRAY!!  So we laughed and dropped on our knees and asked the Lord to help us find the key... 2 minutes later is shows up in her bag!! OH SNAP.  So then we busted out laughing and said BACK ON OUR KNEES.  And then we thanked him.. Haha, it was great!!! 

Spanish can sometimes be hard but I am starting to hear words that I can understand!! I know that it will come, and I can't WAIT until I can express myself with the language of these people.  Most of our investigadores are South American.  Most Spaniards are kind of stubborn.. uhh... so in other words, we are very lucky if one will listen to us. haha.  Alcorcón is full of lots of different kinds of people it´s great!!! I am safe and loving my experiences here!!!!  I hope you guys are all doing well!!

Love Hermana Berry!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment