Monday, August 31, 2015

The Paradox of Man

Hola Everyone!!

Can you believe it's already almost September? I can't believe either that it is already my 3rd week here in Vallecas. People were right about the time going by faster every transfer.  This week I have really been trying to focus on enjoying every moment here on my mission.  Especially now realizing how fast time can go by!  I have really enjoyed being so close to the Madrid temple. (Like literally 10 minutes.) I'm truly so lucky. There are always hard moments, but those are when I learn the most.  And I will also admit that I am grateful for the times that I have felt very lonely or discouraged.  Because those are the times that my prayers have been the most meaningful.  And I have witnessed so many answers to my small prayers.  God truly does love all of his children.😊

The highlight of this week was our zone conference!!! I always love these zone conferences because not only do we get to see a lot of the other missionaries, get packages, and eat pizza but... The message from the President and his wife is always so uplifting!!! This time the meeting was about the restoration. And how we need to use our testimonies of the Prophet Joseph Smith to teach with power.  This is the first missionary lesson, and it is the most important one. It really isn't just another "reformed" church, but it is the one only "restored" church.  I loved that we focused on this subject because we were having a bit of trouble explaining it to one of our investigations last week.  My testimony of prophets in general really grew this week.  The fact that we have a living prophet today who leads and guides us just shows how much Heavenly Father loves us.

Spiritual thought:
This morning I read a couple of general conference talks and 2 that really stood out to me were "Lord I believe" by Elder Holland & "You matter to him" by Pres. Uchtdorf.  Here are some quotes from "Lord I believe" that I really liked: "..In moments of fear or doubt or troubling times, hold the ground you have already won, even if that ground is limited.."  "The size of your faith or degree of your knowledge is not the issue- it is the integrity you demonstrate toward he faith you do have and the truth you already know." -Elder Holland.  I really like that because sometimes I feel like I have a lot of faith and other times it lingers.  But what's important is that we act upon what we have already felt, and just believe and trust in our Savior at all times and in all places.  The talk by Pres. Uchtdorf explains "There is a paradox of man: compared to God we are nothing; yet we are everything to God."  There is a careful balance we must have in this life: be humble, meek, and submissive like a child, but also remember that "all souls are great in the sight of God."  These talks have really answered some of my prayers, and I hope you guys will get the chance to read more of it. :)

More highlights of the week:
*running out of money earlier in the week for food, but being blessed by people feeding us.
*sunny Sunday afternoon turned into a CRAZY rainstorm.  Last time we are complaining about the heat.  Some trees fell down and we got completely soaked before we could find shelter. Hahaha it was great though.
*Going to Arganda to visit a member (which is a little pueblo outside of Vallecas.) It is such a cute little Spanish pueblo, and they have been preparing for weeks for the upcoming "running of the Bulls" followed with the Bull Fights. It looks like it will be pretty cool. Hopefully we will be there when it happens.  Only for the running, I don't think I could watch a fight. :/
*Everyday I'm amazed that I can help people feel the spirit even when my Spanish grammar is bad.  The Holy Ghost truly has incredible role in this life.

Well that's about it!  I hope everyone has a great week! Love ya'll. 😘🇪🇸
Hermana Sydney Berry🍓




No comments:

Post a Comment