Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Estoy muy muy feliz. ☺

Hola my dear ones!!!
I hope everyone had a wonderful week!  My week was so great.  I am so so happy to be here in Barrio 8. I am so so happy to be a missionary... And yeah, basically I am just so happy.  Right now I have the temple as my view as I am writing my email.  It doesn't get better than that!
This week I was reminded of how great it feels at the end of the day when you know you worked your hardest.  Here in Vallecas, there are sooooo many people on the streets which makes it super easy to contact.  Contacting has definitely been one of my weaknesses but I did so much better this week!  I realized that when you find and teach by the spirit, there is really nothing to be afraid of.  Even when there were people being really rude to us,  I could still feel the Savior being proud because we were doing what he wants us to do.  My Spanish and teaching ability has been improving, and all the credit goes to my Heavenly Father.  I'm really excited for the rest of the transfer with Hermana Spencer.  She is such an incredible missionary, and possibly the sweetest person I've ever met.

And for the highlights/funny moments of the week:
Wednesday we got to go see a BYU basketball game with a lot of other missionaries!! Although it ended up being a super long night, it was so much fun.  BYU was playing a small university in Spain. (Oops I forgot what the other school is called).  We got to bring an investigator or recent convert to the game.  It kind of didn't feel aloud to be watching boy basketball players as a missionary (haha).
But it's okay because President was there as well. At the end we went down to talk and get a picture with the team.  Super fun night!  Also I got to see Hermana Rossberg who has been in the Islands these last 4 transfers.  It was so good to see a lot of the other Hermanas I had missed!

We were having a lesson with a guy from Ghana.. And it was just..such a weird lesson.  It was great to meet some of the members/investigators this week. But this guy was pretty peculiar though.  He talked very very quiet and every time we asked a question about the lesson he would just go off about random stuff.  Possibly the funniest part was.. He put his arm on the bench by companion (trust me I did not let him touch my companion).. And then in his awkward mumbling voice and a weird smile he said: "And then Maybe I should marry one of you two.." Bahaha we tried so hard to not giggle
during the lesson.  Oh strange people.

Spiritual thought:
We have a very awesome investigator from Guinea Equatorial and he is 23 years old.  He's very friendly, funny, and faithful.  He's a great guy.  He loves the bible, but he is a little confused with some very important doctrine.  He's great but when we have a lesson with him, I want to hit my head on a wall.  He doesn't believe that we lived as spirits with God before this life or that God, Jesus  Christ, and the Holy Ghost and 3 different personages.  Anyway, after all of the deep doctrine questions he had for us it always came back to the same thing... He needs to read the Book Of Mormon and pray with a SINCERE HEART to know if it is true.  Our message of this gospel is very very simple.  And the way to receive an answer can be simple as well.  But sometime the pride in our hearts can stop us from receiving such truths.  I know that we can ask our Heavenly Father anything and he will make it known unto us through the Holy Ghost.  I know that Jesus Christ died for us, and when we follow him,  we can and will live happier, better lives.  He is the only person that can mold and change our lives into something better.  I have personally seen this incredible change in people that I have had the privilege of meeting here on my mission.

Although there are so many hard moments as a missionary,  if anyone of you reading this is wondering if you should serve a mission, just do it.  You realize what this life really is about.  A special peace comes from knowing who we were before this earth, what we are doing here in the life, and where we will go after.  There were small things I didn't really understand for myself until I had to teach it out loud to someone.

I love you all, thank you for the support, and have a wonderful week.
(Especially to those of you starting school!!)
Scripture assignment: Ether chapter 3. It's a great example about Faith!

Con much Amor,
Hermana Sydney Berry xoxo
😚⚽️🇪🇸🌞




No comments:

Post a Comment