Monday, June 27, 2016

Los últimos Dias.

Hola Everyone!

I'm writing in a bus on our way back to Madrid from Segovia.  It was my first time there and I finally got to see the 2,000 year old Acuaduct!! Cute old Spanish pueblos like that are one of the things that will make it hard to leave this enchanted country.  But I'm so grateful that I get to see my friends and family soon.  BUT. In the mean time we are staying focused here and working hard because I still have two weeks! 😁 Even when it's hard to work hard.  But we are continuing to see mini miracles everyday and remember why we are the luckiest girls in the world to be serving the Lord as missionaries.

The gospel of Jesus Christ saves lives.  So does the Young Women's program.  Let me tell you a miracle that we witnessed this week.  Last Sunday, two members from the young women's presidency invited us to go with them to visit a less active mother and her 12 year old daughter.  The mom had been very very worried for her daughter who has gone through a rebellious stage in her life right now.  So the members wanted us to come visit them too to maybe help out.  It was definitely a very delicate situation because the daughter was a bit angry at the mom and the mom was upset because her daughter had been making poor choices.  We left there feeling a little overwhelmed wondering what we could do to help them.
Anyway, fast forward to Saturday and Sunday.. On Saturday there was a baptism and the mom and the daughter came!! They looked so happy and it seemed that the Young Women leaders really helped! Then they came to church on Sunday and they said that things were going a lot better.  There was truly a drastic change I saw in their relationship.  I'm so grateful for all of the mini miracles including this one that I have witnessed in my mission.  They may be small things but I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ really can cure the soul.

The other day something really nice happened to me. 😊. So throughout my whole mission, I've been very blessed to build up the courage to try new foods especially when it comes to CARNE.  Well as much as I hate eating meat, it's just been something I've dealt with for the last 17 months.  (Because you just got to eat what's on your plate, and I'm always afraid to tell a member that I didn't like eating meat.) Anyway, every week we eat with the Bishop and last week he caught me eating the meat very slowly so he figured out my secret haha! So guess what he did? He made me a special plate with No carne!! And that was the first time in my mission that someone did that for me because they cared about my personal interest. I know that this sounds way silly but I just was so touched that The bishop having so many people to worry about, wanted to make sure that I enjoyed what we ate for lunch.  I sure love that Columbian man! 🍴

I know I've already shared this before but this is one of my favorite scriptures.. "27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."  The other day we were talking about one day when we were both pretty sick.  Sometimes the weaknesses that he gives us come as being sick!! One day we both were just dying, both of us struggling to talk because we had lost our voices, yet we ended up having like 6 lessons that day. So it's just a nice reminder that when we recognize our weaknesses and are humble/willing for Christ to help us become stronger we can have 6 lessons even when we have lost our voices and hacking up a lung!! Haha

So this week as I've been trying to pray better with more faith, I've learned a very great lesson about TRUST.  I think something that Heavenly Father is wanting me to learn is after alllll of these things I've learned here in my mission, do I truly trust completely in the plan that he has for me?  I think that it is a question that we should all think about.  This morning during my personal study, I don't know why but I felt the spirit so strong!! I love this gospel sooo much and I'm so excited to give it all these last 2 weeks.  (Even if I have to turn 21. 😥)

Oh and before I forget, this Saturday Dakota is getting baptized! We're so excited!

Love you all!!
 🍓

 
 
 
 
 
 
      

No comments:

Post a Comment