Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hasta Luego 2015, hola 2016

Hola! Again, it was just 3 days ago right?

    I think it just hit me that in less than a week we will be in the new year.  And to think of the year  2015, I would say it was the most hardest, best, fun, most incredible year I've ever had!! I've never  learned so many things before in such a short amount of time.  In the year 2015, I have learned to speak and understand a whole entire new language; I learned about the culture of Spain (and almost every country in South America,); I've learned how to live with and teach with a companion; I've learned what it's like to get out of your comfort zone like talking to people in the streets that are complete strangers; I've learned how to use the metro and Renfe system in Madrid and what to do to not get robbed; I've learned how to love members and that service is really how you can show your love to the members in the ward; I've learned a few tricks how to be a secretary like call a bazillion people and organize our time to visit everyone in only one week; I've learned more things about La  Iglesia de Jesucristo de Los Santos de Los Últimos días and what great joy it brings to people's lives; and most importantly I have learned that God has an incomprehensible love for his children and he has so many blessings eager to give us.  And if we have faith in Jesus Christ and obey all of the commandments, that is where TRUE happiness comes from.  And that is just a few things I have learned this year.  I can't wait to see what 2016 brings us!!

    This week was bad and good.  The beginning was a bit strange because almost nobody could meet with us because of the holidays.  But oh has it been a wonderful week to reflect on my spirituality and feel the love of Christ.  I testify that his love is real and he wants everyone to partake of his goodness.  Although there are lots people we visit who in this moment are not progressing spiritually,  I have seen some good things. Jared who coincidentally moved from my other area to here, is doing awesome!! He is reading and praying and has lots of desires to help out with the mission work!!  One lesson we had with someone, we read Ether 12, one of my favorite chapters. This talks about when we have faith we can accomplish so much.  I especially like Ether 12:27.  I'm sure I've already shared this but it is so applicable.   "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."  Wow I have seen this so much in my mission.  When I look back at my "weaknesses" I had, I can see that now they are strengths.  Well, already this transfer I am seeing more weakness that I have.  But just like this verse says, I know that he shows us our weaknesses so we may be humble enough to ask for help, and he will strengthen us.

    My companion is awesome and she makes it really easy to train.  She likes cooking I like eating Italian food so we make a great team, haha!  We are trying to learn a little bit of each others language so sometimes at night I will pray in English and she will pray in Italian, and not gonna lie,  we are pretty bad at our own language because we are always speaking Spanish.  But that's a good thing right?  This week we found some people who may have potential so I can't wait to see what happens with them!

I love you all and thanks for all of the support! Maybe for a New Years solution you can think of some ways you can invite the spirit more in your home.  And this could be something simple like praying more often and reading a little more scriptures everyday.

Love,
Hermana Sydney Berry 😘🇪🇸🍓

 





No comments:

Post a Comment