Monday, May 16, 2016

Spiritual exhaustion is real.

Hola everyone!!

I had so much to say but then coming back from Toledo I just had an extreme sneeze attack and now my mind is stuffy.  So let's see what I can remember from this crazy week!!! 😆
 First off, I don't think a normal missionary week exists here in Barrio 2, haha.  So like I said last Monday we had intercambios with the Hermanas from Barrio 4.  And then a couple of days later we had the Hermanas from Vigo stay with us so we had to do splits for a couple of days.  Let's just say it's been a good opportunity to learn my area faster. Eeek. 😬 But it's always so fun to get to know new sisters! They're all so great. :)

Second of all, the blessings keep coming.  There's a quote from Elder Holland that I really like that says: "Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come."
And it's true! And I think as I am coming to the end of my mission, I'm starting to realize them more.  One of them being getting to hear Elder Bednar speak the last 2 days!! What a great and spiritual week we have had!! So on Saturday Elder Bednar came to talk to all of the missionaries in Madrid (and the ones from the North came down), and it was an awesome experience.  I love the way he teaches because instead of just giving us a bunch of long talks, he has a huge discussion with us, answering our questions, and allowing the spirit to really be there.  I think I was more afraid to ask a question in front of a huge group than to an apostle haha so I didn't.  But my companion did so that was cool. All of his answers were so great and wow his testimony of Jesus Christ is really something special.  Every time he ever talks to a big group of people he always encourages them to not take notes of what the speaker says, but of "what is not said." He said only write down what the spirit is telling you. He talked a lot about the power and influence that comes from the Holy Ghost.

So that was on Saturday, and then on Sunday there was a devotional for the youth that we got to go to if we brought an investigator.  Two days in a row of listening to an apostle is so great.  Well this time was different because there had to be someone to translate into Spanish.  There were a lot of great questions asked and a lot of great answers given. Also his wife and Elder and Sister Kearon spoke as well. I guess if I could say what I got the most out of it is Faith and the Holy Ghost.  He gave the example from the Bible of when the Israelites stepped into the water before it was parted, and then they saw the miracle.  So walk into the water, and then God will show you the miracle.

On Sunday when we went to Pavones to hear the second devotional, it was kind of a realization why I am so very fortunate to have only served in areas in Madrid.  I must admit there were moments I felt kind of sad that I never got to go to the Islands or the North but on Sunday it changed my mind.  Well first of all there's nothing better than big gatherings to hear a very important speaker, because I always feel the spirit so much more.  And then it's even cooler when I get to see all of mis amigos from my past 3 areas!! I walked up the stairs by the temple then a member from Alcorcón ran and hugged me. My companion was like how do you know everyone? And I said haha don't worry it's just her! Then like 5 seconds later I saw soooo many more members that I love from all 3 of my areas!! Anyway... I imagine that's what the celestial kingdom is like a little bit.  Being able to forget about all of the hard times you ever had because it was all worth it for all of the special relationships you've made with incredible people. So that was kind of tender, then we ended the night with an apostle of Jesus Christ.  And then nights like those I just lay in bed wondering why on earth I'm so lucky to be having these blessings in my life.  This church has never been so real.  And that's when the power of the Holy Ghost comes in the picture.  Something very interesting that Elder Bednar said is that we didn't need an apostle to tell us all of these things.  Because we are learning it from the Holy Ghost.

Sorry for the long email.  I love being her in Barrio 2 with Hermana McEntire but the time is flying by way too fast.  I'm also very grateful for the new investigators that the Lord is blessing us with. Trust in God and act on your faith, and you will see that he and his son are always there for you.

Con Amor,
Hermana Berry 🍓🇪🇸
 
 
 
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment