Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter, Pioneers, y Piñatas!!

FELIZ PASCUA! 🐰🌷😊

I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter Sunday!! Here in Madrid it seems to be more of an excuse to eat more food and leave the country for vacation.  But luckily for me as a missionary, I got to feel the true significance of Easter.  The Lord has risen and this is a powerful message that we got to share with people this week!!  I continued studying from Jesus the Christ about his death and resurrection and I feel that I have learned and felt a little bit more this week. We are also very excited for general conference this next weekend! I feel so happy and grateful for all of the opportunities I get to be
spiritually uplifted on a daily basis.

Hermana Modugno and I were just talking how we don't really remember a lot that happened this week.  And not to sound like a broken record but wow the weeks go by so fast!! The days can be long, but when you look at the end of the week, I don't know where the time went! Sometimes it scares me because I know how important it is to use the Lord's time wisely. But when things don't go as planned I have to remember that as long as we did our part being faithful, obedient, and diligent, that's all that God expects of us.  This week is Hermana Modugno's 20th Birthday! Hopefully she doesn't read this email because I'm planning on make her chocolate strawberry pancakes for breakfast.  🤗🍓

God's timing even in little tiny moments is always perfect.  We taught Josefina the Plan of Salvation on Tuesday and she understood it pretty well! On Thursday she when she came and met with us to go to a family home evening in a members house, she received a phone call that her friend had died.  Fortunately we (and a 17 year old member who was with us) were there to help comfort her.  I know that she really needed us in that moment.  Not only did we teach about the plan of Salvation beforehand but something else that was interesting happened to.  When we were waiting to meet with her on Thursday, we came out of the wrong exit of the metro and ended up having to be a little late to the family night.  But what we realized was that it was kind of a mini miracle that we were outside when she received her call because it would have been worst if we were already in the house for her to receive the news.  This reminded me that God knows all.  He's knows what might happen to us in the future and uses little moments that same to be bad timing in the moment actually a blessing in the end!! We met again with our other investigator Gianina.  She told us more about her life and the struggles that she's going through with her son.  But she also told us that she's grateful for the peace and tranquility that she has felt since meeting with us.  I know that Heavenly Father puts us in people's lives when they need it the most. The gospel changes and blesses people!!

On Saturday we celebrated with the Relief Society the anniversary.  We watched a little skit of the history of how it first got started and then we watched some cute little Latinas dancing like pioneers and then........ I hit the piñata!! Haha it was great! Yesterday we took some of our investigators and a member to a really cool Easter concert in Pavones.  It was fun to some of the members that I know from my last 2 areas.  The music was really pretty and I felt the spirit pretty strong!  I'm so grateful for Christ's atonement!  He has risen from the tomb.  He conquered death and saved us, that is why he is our Savior.  He is waiting for us to come unto him.  I love this gospel. Spain is great.  Have a really good week and pay attention to conference!!

Love you ALL!!!
Hermana Berry
 
 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment